Sunday, February 22, 2009


My "baby" (almost 20 years old and in college) is getting an apartment. I don't handle change very well, especially when it involves my babies growing up!  I am very excited for him, on the other hand it makes me a little sad. I can remember my first apartment (same age, same town, same college).  The feeling of having your own place and the responsibilities that come with it was exciting. I felt so grown up! Free! Reality was, I was very immature and definitely not financially independant! My mom was A LOT of help and I wouldn't be where I am today without her.  Now, if only this teenager would just realize that about his mom!

So, even though I get a little weepy when I think about my "baby" getting older, I keep reminding myself that this is another one of God's blessings here on White Horse Drive.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stacy- thanks for the sweet comment on my blog so I could find you! I can so relate to this post seeing you with your big boy. My oldest turns 19 this week and leaves for college soon. Ouch. Something special about your first child. I'll be praying for your adoption too. Isn't life great- college kids AND new adopted kiddo's. :0)

    ReplyDelete