Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Foster Family

I found out today, from Ann at Red Thread China, that
Xiao Hua (Isabella) is with a foster family.
I'm happy, relieved, nervous and sad.
Happy and relieved because it is so much better for her to be in a family and learn what family is about and how to attach and bond to a mother and father.
Nervous and sad because it will be very hard for her to leave her "family". I know her grieving will be more difficult now.
But, really, it's for the best and I am thankful she is there.
God is taking care of her and knows just where she needs to be- for her and us.

Here are a few of the things we bought for her through Ann. (It is a wonderful thing for parents and their children to be able to connect before they get there.) Last month we sent a photo album of our family, a blanket, teddy bear, camera for them to take pictures of her and a fruit basket.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me want to cry! I am so happy for you and know God will have you in his hands! And Isabella! I bought hair bows clippies too! They are sitting in my jewelry drawer just waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Ann....teary!! And then I read what Ann wrote and double the teary-moment!! So thankful that your girl is coming home, Stacy!! And so thankful Ann, your girl WILL come home!!

    love you both!!

    ReplyDelete