Monday, January 24, 2011

One Year Ago Today.....

on January 26, 2010


Long Xiao Hua became part of our family.
Something she wasn't sure she wanted.....until the next day. And she's never looked back.

It is still surreal to me that my little girl comes from a very distant land.
The love I have for her is fierce and abundant, deep and overwhelming.
I am privileged to be her mama.






I've been reading back through my journals of how this day played out.
Here is what I wrote one year ago.....


Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Didn't get much sleep.
Up early-bed late. Didn't get here until 11pm. Bed at 1am and up early to eat breakfast at 8am.
We needed to be ready to go at 1:30pm. Rosa is young and very sweet.
We needed to bring XiaoHua's backpack, $6,000, passports and extra passport pcitures. Coudn't find extra passport photos and had a little panic. Rosa said it was ok and that we could get them taken at Civil Affairs office. Trey was so upset with me because he thought they wouldn't let us have her. He was in tears.
We went to the bank across the street from the hotel.
TR took a picture of Rosa and I and the bank police jumped up and started talking Chinese to us.
Scary!
We then went to the Civil Affairs - drove a little ways down some alleys- got out and walked down several more alley's.
Went into a nice building, rode elevator to 8th floor, got out turned left and went into a nice area.
Red cushion seats with black and white polka dotted pillows. This was the Adoption Registry of Guangdong Province.
We didn't know that XiaoHua was in the next room. All of a sudden she came out and it was so surreal!
Like meeting someone you've always wanted to- not really sure what they would look like in real life!
Two pig tails and in the most gorgeous pink coat! PINK! She is definitely my daughter!
She was with the two nannies and the director.
They said to her, "This is MaMa", she looked at me and said, "MaMa" and looked at Trent and said, "BaBa"
and smiled. When they told her to come to us she walked toward me and then she changed her mind.
She clung to the leg of one of her nannies and cried, "No!!" The all wanted her to sit by me. I got out a few
of her things for her- none of it worked.
She did take the suckers and cheerios from me.
She was very upset.

After awhile the orphanage workers left- I didn't know they were leaving until I saw them standing at the elevator.
I did not get to ask any questions at all.
XiaoHua cried, yelled, kicked, arched her back and threw her suckers. She wouldn't even listen to Rosa-
but definitely preferred her over us.
I picked her up and went into the other room (holding room) with her and just held her while she cried. She didn't like it at all.
I tried talking chinese to her, singing to her, looking out the window- nothing helped. I had Trey
bring in her bag that she came with. She didn't want me touching any of her things. I opened it to
distract her and she was furious! She put her things back in and wouldn't let go of her bag.
Trent came in to take over while I signed the paperwork. She tried to dodge Trent and Trey to get out
of the room. It was horrible and I felt so bad for her!
At one point she got her bag and decided she wasn't having any part of it and was leaving. She walked behind
the front desk wall where the bathrooms are to leave. Rosa went to get her- was pretty much dragging her out.
I went to see if I could help- she put her hand up to her face and shut me up and
shut me out yelling, "no, no, no, no, no!!!!"
After this, we decided to leave and finish paperwork tomorrow because she was so upset.

The whole time we were there, there were two ladies cleaning the room. They watched as they cleaned.

When XiaoHua realized we were leaving she quit crying and let me carry her. I remember smelling her hair.
A strong, pugnant, stinky smell. Hard to take, but did so anyway, because it's her and I want to remember
everything about this day.



*Continued tomorrow because it's long and I have to go to school and pick up my wonderful (now sweet smelling)
Isabella Hope XiaoHua!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! I don't think I knew any of that. What an amazing, life changing day!! It not only brought us to our daughters, but brought our families together!! Thanking God for that gift!!

    Happy Isabella Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful. Isn't adoption so amazing?? I cannot imagine where my life would be if we hadn't of said yes to God and brought our children home.
    Also, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. God knew how much we were needing that encouragment. Yes we are raising funds- you can email me at blockamy@hotmail.com if you have any questions. All donations will go through Orphan Outreach and are tax deductable. :) Thanks so much Stacy! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy one year anniversary of being Isabella's mom. You all are so blessed to have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you guys had such a traumatic start and in so many ways. What a blessing and sooooo worth it huh? Happy belated Gotcha Day to you guys. It was a privilege to experience China with you!

    Michelle Wiger (Joshua Guangwei's mama)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never talked to you about that day. Naomi's was almost identical. The screaming, and arching of her back and throwing herself on the floor. All of it. I was too afraid to journal it. I am so glad you did, it brought back so many memories and emotions. Ones that 1 year ago I wanted to just forget but, now I want to remember every detail so I DON'T forget! Thank you, and happy "forever family" day!

    Cathy Boswell (Naomi's momma)

    ReplyDelete