Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Visit

The Richmond's have been counting down the days for today to arrive.
Our awesome and very dear friends are coming from Florida to visit!  They requested snow while they were here, but sadly that won't be happening here in Kansas.  Only cold and windy!

Our husbands met while working with Men At The Cross a few years ago.  When I traveled to Dallas with Trent for an event I met Lori and her two girls, Kate and Ellie.  It was an instant friendship.  I had not been to China yet to get Isabella as I was still playing the "waiting game".   Lori encouraged me to check out the special needs kiddos.  It took us a whole year to take her advice and do just that.  When we did decide to switch to the special needs route we had our referral the next day!  If we hadn't switched- I would have only been back recently with someone other than my sweet Isabella!  Lori was the only one I shared my referral of Isabella with.  She noticed her eyes and how spunky and joyful they were.  I was still trying to get use to the idea of an older, special needs child rather than a very young (2 years and under) and perfectly healthy baby.   Everyday I am so thankful I have my sweet, fun (and funny), loving, bossy Isabella!!!  All I think is how lucky I am that I GET TO BE HER MAMA!!

The last time Lori and her family were here to visit was one week before I left for China to get Isabella.
She helped me pack.  The girls tried on Isabella's clothes to see if they would fit and then helped choose which ones to take.

6 months later they got to meet Isabella at K-Kauai Family Kamp and our girls have been fast friends ever since.  You see, Kate and Ellie are from China.  Kate is a few months older than Isabella, and Ellie is a month older than Isabella.  To see the three together makes me teary.

Lori has been with me through all of my adoption pregnancies.  She is the one that encouraged me to bring Sophie home.  Was "with me" in China (through Skype and on the phone) when it was hard with Sophie.  She's been my constant shoulder to cry on and ear to listen to since I've been home.  She is seeing me through the other side of the hard parts of adoption.  I couldn't love her more.

2 1/2 weeks after Isabella and I got home with Sophie and Hudson, Lori and her family left for China to bring home sweet, sweet Rachel.  You can read Lori's blog here:  http://www.lori-immeasurablymore.blogspot.com/  .   Don't go there without your box of kleenexes!!

So, today we will get to meet Rachel for the first time and I am MORE than EXCITED!!  Isabella can't wait to see Kate and Ellie again.  In fact, she thinks it's Kamp time since that is the only place she's ever seen them!!   When I told Hudson about Kate, Ellie and Rachel he got excited until he found out they were all girls!  Haha!  And then he asked, "Why they no boy from China?"    Hmmmm.  How do you explain that one?  When I told him that Doug (the daddy) would play Xbox with him that made him happy.
Sophie has been writing words on paper for Rachel and Trey is just as excited to see everyone.
We can't wait until they get here!!!



Kate and Isabella

Ellie, Kate & Isabella


Isabella and Ellie

Me and Lori

Ellie, Izzy & Kate

The McCary's

1 comment:

  1. Stacy, I'm so thrilled you and the McCary's get to see each other. What a great reunion with both of you having added more Chinese angels to your families. Hello to everyone and can't wait to see you all in June.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete