Sunday, July 22, 2012

This is my life.....

I set out on a great adventure
The day my Father started leading me home
He said they're gonna be some mountains to climb
And some valleys we're gonna go through

But I had no way of knowing
Just how hard this journey could be
'Cause the valleys are deeper and the mountains are steeper
Than I ever would've dreamed

But I know we're gonna make it
And I know we're gonna get there soon
And I know sometimes it feels like we're
going the wrong way
But it's just a long way home

Some rocks in my shoes, fears I wish I could lose
They make the mountain so hard to climb
And my heart gets so heavy with the weight of the world sometimes

And there's a bag of regrets
I should have been and not yet's
I keep on dragging around
And I can hardly wait for the day I get to lay it all down

Well I know that day is coming
And I know it's gonna be here soon
And I know I won't turn back even if the whole world
Says I'm going the wrong way
'Cause it's just a long way home

.....and the song goes on.

I can't say it any better than Steven Curtis Chapman.
This is my life.
But I know the day is coming.



Our county fair starts tomorrow and life will be absolutely crazy for the week.  Each of the kids have a lamb to show and Trey is also riding his horse.  It's so much work and I tell myself every year when we are tired and grumpy that this is WORTH IT!!!
It all starts tonight with washing and clipping 10 sheep and 6 horses.  
Let the games begin!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment